Monday, 8 July 2013
The Liebster Award
I don't usually do these kind of posts, but as I was nominated by my best friend Megan, of Little Miss Average, I just had to fill this out. It's lovely to be considered for something like this and it gives me the chance to show my personality a little more than in my regular posts. I was also nominated by Sarah of Squares - Bookworm & Beauty Enthusiast and Emily of British Beauty Addict so would like to thank them also.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
1. Each nominee should answer the 11 questions by the tagger.
2. Choose 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to pass the award to and link them in your post.
3. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
4. Go to their page and tell them about their nomination.
5. No tag backs!
1. If you could trade places with any celebrity, who would it be?
This question is much tougher to answer than I originally thought when I skimmed over it before typing up this post. I could be very superficial and chose a great looking actress with everything I think I'd love in my life but I think I'd want more than what appears on the surface. An actress I am currently loving for every aspect of her life is Chloe Moretz. She's already done so much and I can only imagine what she's yet to achieve and her sense of fashion has me in awe. She is beautiful however, but I picked her as I can only imagine just how interesting her life is and how well she manages to separate her professional and private life.
2. What character from a book, TV show, or movie do you identify with most?
The closest I've come across is probably Debra Morgan from Dexter. I swear like a trooper, keep secrets for family, get walked over quite a lot but have real drive and determination. Every time she's on TV I wonder if I'd gone into crime whether I wouldn't be a carbon copy.
3. What is the one beauty product you can't live without?
I think I could go without most things on good skin days, but even then I have to admit I would forgo most products in favour of concealer. There are a few stubborn areas that I like to add a touch to, just to give me that little bit more confidence.
4. What is the best concert you've ever attended?
Hmm… I've been to see some fantastic bands and artists in my life. I've been ridiculously lucky! Amazingly enough, one of my favourites was a small gig at Start The Bus in Bristol, UK seeing Jamie Woon and then having Ghostpoet as a support. We went back to see his headlining gig and recently saw him again in Oxford. That gig was just perfect, the right atmosphere, good company and great music. Although, I do have to say that seeing Rudimental last month was an experience!
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
I'm pretty much in love with Paul Rudd. He makes me laugh until I cry and exudes a sexiness I don't find with many men in comedy. The scene in Wanderlust where he's talking into the mirror about having sex is one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed, go check it out on Youtube if you don't know what I'm on about. I'm giggling now just thinking about it! Ross has made a point that he thought I'd go for Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and I have had a crush on him since I was about 10(!) but it seemed too obvious.
6. Candles or air freshener?
Candles! I take any opportunity to buy candles, especially pretty ones in really awkward holders that just look fantastic in my living room. I do have plug in air fresheners, but candles make a room come to life. I run round the house lighting them when I have guests over.
7. If you drink coffee, what is your favourite drink to order?
I tend to order large skinny soy lattes when I'm in Starbucks, although I'm trying to cut caffeine out so I will have to change my order entirely. Caffeine makes me have an awful nights sleep and I definitely notice the difference when I've had a late night working on a project and knocked back the coffee.
8. What is your favourite candy?
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I could eat those all day! I made a batch of cupcakes using them a few months back and they were delicious. I'm hoping to experiment more with cooking to expand the blog further.
9. What is your favourite piece of clothing?
I have a pair of black jeans from River Island I wear so much they've started to fade. They're the perfect fit, shape and length. This has reminded me to get some black dye and breathe new life into them!
10. Have you ever been on television or in the newspaper? If so, why?
I was in the newspaper back in my school days for taking part in a pantomime outside of class. That was a lovely experience, but the stage really isn't for me! Fast forward a few years to a trip to New York with my college class. We were asked to go on Good Morning America on location, we got a free breakfast and promoted Mr Motivator on billboards.
11. If there is one thing you could do over in your life, good or bad, what would it be?
There are a few more personal things I still think I'd change, but then I don't think I'd be where I am today, with the people I have in my life, which I wouldn't change for the world.
1. Stevie from Stevie Hearts Makeup
2. Tamira from Lipstick With Some Sunshine
3. Fiona from Fiona Likes to Blog
4. Rosie from Rosie Louise Love
5. Leigh from imleigh beauty
6. Elle from The Elle Next Door
7. Megan from Blondes Love Cupcakes
8. Debbie from Shapes & Sizes
9. Amy & Naomi from Two Shoes, One Pair
10. Kirstie from A Yellow Brick Blog
11. Kumba from Kumbear xo
Q&A FOR NOMINEES:
1. What's the one beauty product you can't live without?
2. Who inspires you?
3. Something that you learnt recently.
4. Are you better in the morning or at night?
5. Grab 5 beauty products that are nearby. What are they?
6. Why did you start blogging?
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
8. Current favourite colour palette?
9. What are your goals for your blog?
10. What is your most recent beauty/fashion purchase?
11. If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be and why?
I'm looking forward to reading everyones answers, so let me know once you post them up. Here's to the continued success of each and every one of you!